SAP Cloud Integration Platform: All You Need To Know!
Every business has certain requirements that need to be met and therefore, their ERP systems are constructed in such a way that they form a foundation for managing all the business management related solutions.
SAP is one of the best when it comes to providing ERP solutions that have the capability of expanding depending upon the changing needs of the business environment. Now, SAP is coming up with an advanced, robust and more feature-rich cloud integration platform called the SAP Cloud Platform Integration. Here are a few features this model will contain:
- Contrastive situations: Integrate your business processes and information on various platforms of discrete businesses using this feature of SAP Cloud Platform Integration.
- Connect to numerous touchpoints: SAP Cloud Platform Integration allows one to integrate various operations and data sources that could be from both SAP or non-SAP platforms on the premise as well as the cloud. This happens because of the prebuilt adapters that come with this integration platform.
- Customize your integrations: SAP Cloud Platform Integration will allow you to customize the integrations that you make depending upon the requirements of your business on your pre-packaged integrations. This will help you move ahead with your integrations and ensure productive results with minimal effort.
- Design suitable adapters: SAP Cloud Platform Integration allows the user to work with the SDK adapter which allows one to create customer adapter in accordance with their connectivity needs.
- Access to public APIs: SAP will now allow you to gain access to SAP Cloud Platform Integration using their OData APIs.
- Secure communication channels: SAP Cloud Platform Integration has dependable security features due to its core integration facilities which ensure a secure network for the transfer of important information. They also ensure that they adopt the latest security standards.
- Different means of communication: Coordinate all your business processes along with data integration in a synchronized and controlled form. SAP Cloud Platform Integration supports a reliable process of messaging based on asynchronous decoupling implemented by using queuing mechanisms.
- Integration with SAP Process Orchestration: Integrate your SAP Process Orchestration along with either SAP Cloud Platform Integration or SAP’s on-premise Integration Platform without any hassle.
These features make SAP Cloud Platform Integration more alluring. Keeping these features aside, here are a few capabilities of this SAP platform that you need to know:
1. Developing integration content
Integration content essentially means designing the ways using which one will define how a message is going to be processed when the integrations take place. The developers can now use predefined integration content to improve, develop and enhance their own integrations right from the beginning. SAP Cloud Platform Integration is beneficial for business because of the following characteristics:
- Presence of predefined content provided by this platform
- The opportunity of developing and integrating content
- Deploying of integration content on various integration platforms
The SAP Cloud Platform system can communicate with various devices together. So how does SAP help with this? SAP provides the user with a set of adapters which allows them to designate a connection type and define the technical protocols that need to be used to connect the system to the occupant and ensure that the connection is protected.
3. Processing of messages
- The SAP Cloud Platform Integration system can process the messages the exist in various ways. Here are a few features that SAP provides with respect to message processing:
- A mapping which includes giving the data that you will be sending a proper structure and format so that the receiver can process it.
- Modification of content which helps in changing a message by editing the head or body of the message
- Converter which helps in transforming an input message into a different format.
4. Adapter Development
In order to extend the connectivity options of cloud integrations, SAP gives integration developers the opportunity to define the custom adapters. Doing so using the Adapter Development Kit will allow the developers to construe new adapter types and thereby, integrate them into the Cloud Integration tool environment. An API is also available for the adapter development.
5. OData Service Development
Integration developers can develop the OData sources that help in exposing the existing data sources like SOAP or OData endpoints. Here are a few features that SAP Cloud Platform has to offer when it comes to this capability:
- Importing from SOAP
- Importing from OData
- Editing an OData model
- Viewing an OData model
6. Monitoring and Business Concerns
SAP Cloud Platform Integrations will allow the developers to survey all the messages and information present on the platform on a constant basis to ensure that there is a secure connection with the tenants and remote systems. This is also used for managing certain tenant-specific data stores. Here are a few characteristics related to monitoring as well as security-related concerns that SAP Cloud Platform Integration takes into consideration:
- Monitoring the messages that are processed
- Monitoring the integration-related content
- Keeping a check on the audit logs
- Testing the connectivity
- Managing the keystores as well as the life of the keys
- Managing the message queues
Now, you can easily integrate your SAP ERP system with Ecommerce store or CRM to automate the business process!