Introducing Malcolm Gladwell as Keynote Speaker at Magento Imagine 2014
Excitement follows with the announcement of Imagine 2014 in Las Vegas but its revelation of Malcolm Gladwell as keynote speaker in Magento Imagine 2014 has much added to the flavor of the event.
Starting his career as a New Yorker staff writer in 1996,
- He authored five books that were on the New York Times Best Seller list which are: The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference, Outliers: The Story of Success, What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures, David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants and Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking.
- His work deals with unconventional research in social psychology, epidemiology, and sociology which landed him as a star lecturer and bestselling author.
- In 2005 he was listed as Most one of the Time’s 100 Influential People.
- The book Outliners was number 1 on The New York Times Bestseller list for 11 consecutive weeks and was even voted Time’s number 10 best nonfiction book in 2008! Fortune described The Tipping Point as “an exciting book that makes you see the world in a different way.
- Gladwell was even appointed to the Order of Canada on June 30, 2011.
- And imagine what? In 2012, CBS’s 60 Minutes attributed the recent trend of American parents “redshirting” their five-year-olds (postponing entrance) to give them an advantage in kindergarten to a section in Gladwell’s Outliers!
Want to know about Malcolm Gladwell? Let’s dig into…
- He is toppling the popular conventions of bias, crime, marketing, consumers and intelligence!
- His undaunted curiosity made him tackle topics initially from cookies, pasta sauce to unconscious mind which takes decision with a blink of an eye.
Does it sound too complicated?
He totally redefines the definition of how something works relating spaghetti sauce to Visual Targeting empowering designers and market researchers to find the exact “visual” variety of product you are selling to attract customer appeal, therefore profit!
So before you hear him live, get a taste of how he perceives the world by clicking on the link below http://www.visualtargeting.com/gladwellvideo.html
Going with his lines “There is more going on beneath the surface than we think, and more going on in little, finite moments of time than we would guess.”
Stay tuned for the most awaited speech at Imagine 2014!