Partial Delivery/Shipment in eBusiness
Partial Delivery is almost inevitable in today’s business scenario. Partial Delivery/Shipment in the Business Sales Cycle is required because of some factors as stated below:
- Partial delivery helps Merchants/Retailers to ship a part of the order from the available stock to the customer. In high business season like Christmas/Thanksgiving this approach keeps engagement of the customer and maintain their satisfaction level.
- Often existing Customer’s Credit Limit reach to its maximum level, so in this case Merchants can perform a Partial Delivery against the available Credit Limit and inform the customer for pending commercials based on which rest Delivery/Shipment can be made.
- If a customer does the payment through Check Payment or Bank Transfer then also the Partial Delivery approach can be applied and when full payment is received, Merchant can proceed towards the Delivery of the rest Ordered Items.
As we all know today’s Business are controlled by automated computing systems, if the merchant involved into an eRetail, they often use eCommerce as their Online Storefront. ERP systems are also very common which are used in any Industry Vertical. In these kinds of Business Systems, Partial Delivery or Partial Shipments are used often but with different approach as per the defined Sales Cycle.
An eCommerce Sales Order can be delivered using multiple Partial Shipments, The Sales Order Status will be completed only when all Partial Shipments deliver the Actual Ordered Items. In ERP systems a Sales Order status will be closed when all Partial Deliveries are done. So Partial Deliveries are already available in its own way within eCommerce and ERP systems.
But what will happen if a Business Owner is using both the systems, i.e., Online Business through an eCommerce Storefront and back office ERP System for accounting, inventory, purchase and sales, how Partial Delivery/Shipments can be managed?
SBOeConnect – Integration connector between SAP B1 ERP and Magento e-commerce is a revolutionary product from InSync which seamlessly integrates data between Magento and SAP B1. The order lifecycle process along with other processes can be synchronized through SBOeConnect. It downloads orders from Magento to SAP Business One. In an order process lifecycle delivery can be two types either complete delivery or partial delivery. In Partial Deliveries a Web Order is fulfilled based on several Partial Deliveries within SAP Business One. The new version SBOeConnect 2.3 addresses this functionality and allows us to sync partial delivery status. Here below you will see the step by step process of syncing the partial delivery status through SBOeConnect 2.3.
1. Whenever a Web Customer places an Order in Magento eCommerce platform, it is downloaded to SAP Business One ERP System through SBOeConnect and creates a corresponding ERP Sales Order with all the details.
2. SAP B1 User can generate several Partial Deliveries against that Sales Order which sync back from the web.
3. SBOeConnect Order Status Sync Process will automatically upload those ERP Deliveries as Shipment to Magento e-commerce storefront.
4. After the process is completed if the Web Customer opens up his Account Details s/he will find that Partial Delivery has been made against his/her order.
5. In this way several Partial Deliveries can be made within the SAP B1 ERP and Customer can see all those details in the web.
Thus SBOeConnect addresses one of the most complex integration scenarios and manages the Partial Delivery/Shipment Integration between Magento e-Commerce and SAP Business One ERP.